The application will be available in February
2. I have applied as a Visiting Interns, how do I upload my documents?More information on the application process will be available in February.
3. What are the requirements for Visiting interns?
- Must be 18 years or over (proof of age required)
- Must show proof of internship in New York City (see below)
- Must pay for the entire summer housing program
- Must complete orientation questionnaire with a passing grade
4. What are acceptable documents to qualify as a Visiting Intern?
Proof of internship in NYC submit one of the following:
- An email sent to you directly from NYC internship contact person. The email should contain the company name/logo and contact person's full name and phone number.
- A letter from NYC internship contact person on company letter head. This letter must be addressed to you using your full name.
Proof of age (18 years or older), submit one of the following:
- valid driver's license
- valid passport
- valid non-driver ID
- birth certificate
5. When will I know if my summer housing is approved?
You will not be approved until all required documents have been submitted. After submitting an application and uploading all required documents, you will receive an email within 3 to 5 business days with approval status.
6. How do I pay for housing?
Once approved, you will receive an email within 3 to 5 business days with instructions to pay by credit card. This is the only form of payment that will be accepted. Payment is due in full.
7. I have submitted payment and received confirmation. What is the next step?
Paid applicants will be emailed specific instructions regarding check-in procedures in May.
8. When is check-in?
9. Will I have a roommate(s)?
We recommended requesting a roommate. Applicants without requests will be assigned roommates based on age and gender. FIT does not assign males and females in the same room.
10. Am I allowed to have an overnight visitor/guest during the summer and is there a fee?
Yes. Summer overnight visitation is limited to eight nights per 30 days not exceeding two consecutive nights. Residents are charged $10.00 for each overnight guest. Overnight visitors are considered anyone visiting between 12AM-8AM and must be pre-registered and paid. All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply; see resident handbook.11. What residence hall is available for Visiting Interns?
Kaufman Hall, 406 West 31st Street (between 9th and 10th avenues), New York, NY 10001
12. Can Visiting Interns pay an additional fee to move in early or stay after the listed dates of stay?
We are not able to accommodate anyone before Monday, May 25, 2015 or after Friday, August 15, 2015.
13. Will I be given a refund if I no longer want to stay at FIT?
There are NO REFUNDS for summer housing.
14. If I move in late or move out early, will I be given a lower rate?
Housing rates are not prorated in the summer. Please plan accordingly to take advantage of the contracted dates of stay.
15. What furniture is provided in the apartments/suites?
All suites consist of furnished rooms, kitchen, and private bath. Each apartment has a twin bed, desk, armoire, and chest of drawers for each occupant. You must provide your own kitchen supplies, linens, pillows, and blankets.
16. Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
No. FIT is a dry campus. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited, including paraphernalia.