Summer Class at FIT
To qualify you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years old to apply for housing (Those under 18 will not be able to access the application)
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 1 FIT class/FIT internship/FIT seminar
- Must pay the entire housing program at the time of application
- Must not have been enrolled in the residence halls for Fall 2012 and Spring 2013
- Must complete the online orientation questionnaire with a passing grade
How to apply
First, you must register for a summer class at FIT. View summer courses here.
Once you have registered for a summer class you will receive your FIT username and password. You will not be able to apply for housing without this information. To apply please follow the below steps:
- Log into MyFIT
- Choose “STUDENT” tab
- Select “Online Information System”
- Select “Residential Life”
- Select “Residential Life” again
- Select your room type. (Shared vs. Single accommodation)
- Students experiencing difficulties signing in to MyFIT should contact the Information Technology Department at 212 217 HELP (4357).
Alumni Hall Apartment
- $2,553 Shared Bedroom
- $4,192 Single*
FULL PAYMENT IS REQUIRED in order to complete & submit your summer housing application. Accepted forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit/debit cards ONLY. You will be prompted to enter your credit card info on the final page of the application. Please do not mail, fax, or submit this payment to Bursar’s or any other office at the college.
Applications will NOT be accepted without payment in full. Those who withdraw from summer housing will NOT be refunded. If your credit card was accepted, you will receive an onscreen confirmation that your application has been received. An email confirmation will also be sent to the student’s FIT email address
All Alumni Hall Apartments are quads that accommodate up to four residents. There are two bedrooms within each apartment with two residents assigned to each bedroom. All apartments consist of furnished rooms, kitchen, and private baths.
*Roommates will be assigned unless applicants have paid the single rate. The single rate at Alumni Hall includes your own "bedroom" within a suite. You will share the common area, kitchen and private bath with at least two other residents.
We do not provide kitchen supplies, linens, pillows or blankets.
All rooms are furnished with one twin bed per occupant and are not conducive for guests. There is a $10.00 fee for each overnight guest and guests must be pre-registered prior to their arrival. To register your guests please click here. All visitation rules and regulations apply:
**NO REFUNDS FOR SUMMER HOUSING ONCE PAYMENT IS SUBMITTED**