FIT’s Summer Intensive English Language Program (IELP) combines English language instruction with the vibrancy and culture of New York City’s Fashion District. Study and live in the heart of the world’s business capital this summer and submerge yourself in the English language.
What the Summer IELP Program Offers You:
- Classes are taught by language specialists and will focus on reading, writing, grammar, listening, and speaking.
- Instructors help you advance your English language skills to improve your performance in FIT courses during the academic year.
- Build upon your understanding of American culture and practice your conversational English.
- Participate in on- and off-campus activities designed to acclimate you to FIT and New York City. Last year, trips included:
- The Brooklyn Museum of Art - one of the largest and oldest in the country - and the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, a world class center for horticulture
- "Memphis" the Musical, winner of the 2010 Tony Award for Best Musical
- The Cloisters, the Metropolitan Museum of Art's medieval collection housed in a recreated ancient cloister in upper Manhattan
- The New York Aquarium - the oldest continually operating aquarium in the United States
- Coney Island, a historical amusement park with roller coasters and other rides
- FIT’s Chelsea campus is only moments from major New York attractions and historical landmarks such as the Empire State Building, Grand Central Terminal, the Statue of Liberty, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Times Square.
- TBD: Program Application Deadline
- TBD: Program Payment Deadline
- TBD: International Student Financial Statement Deadline (to download form, see “Visa Information” below).
- TBD: FIT housing move-in date (9am-11pm)
- TBD: Classes begin
- TBD: Final day of courses and closing reception
Steps to Enroll in the Summer Intensive English Language Program:
- Submit the enrollment form for the 2012 Summer IELP Program (Coming soon)
- Apply for summer housing (if you plan to reside in FIT housing)
- Review Visa Information and submit an ISFS form.
- Submit payment for the SIELP program and summer housing (through MyFIT)
- For more information, contact us.