Intensive English Language at FIT (IEL at FIT) consists of high-quality full-time instruction in English as a Second Language during the fall or spring semester at our New York City campus. IEL at FIT students will:
- learn from faculty members who have earned a Masterís degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) or Applied Linguistics
- increase their English proficiency
- gain insight to American culture
- learn to communicate in global work environments
- benefit from a program that offers a level of English complementary to pursuing college-level studies in the United States
- benefit from exercises in English suitable for taking the iBT TOEFL exam
IEL at FIT is sponsored by the School of Liberal Arts in association with the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies. IEL at FIT capitalizes on the cutting-edge reputation of Professional Studies for fashion-related career education and training.
FIT's Educational Skills Department and Professional Studies have earned a worldwide reputation for excellence for the college's three-week ESL/Fashion Business program offered each summer. For more than 10 years, this program has attracted students from nearly 30 countries.