The GMS 2013 Scholarship Application closed for Fall 2013 on January 17, 2013.
(The Fall 2014 deadline will be posted as soon as it is available)
Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they:
- Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American or Hispanic American
- Are a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States
Have attained a cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED
Will enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall of 2013 as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student . First-time college enrollees can also be GED recipients.
Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
Meet the Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
Have completed and submitted all three required forms: the student’s application (Nominee Personal Information Form), an evaluation of the student’s academic record (Nominator Form) and an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities (Recommender Form) by the deadline.
Asian & Pacific Islander
- ASIASF Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund - Deadline January 11, 2013
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- CHCI Scholarship Awards (Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute) - Deadline April 16, 2013
- LULAC League of United Latin and American Citizens
- Association of American Indian Affairs
- Native Indian Scholarships - DAR American Indian Scholarship
- New York State Aid to Native Americans
Afro American Students
- 2013 Scholarships for Black Students
- BRAG - Black Action Retail Group, Inc.
- National Scholarship, NANBPWC - National Association of Negro Business and
Professional Women's Clubs, Inc.
- UNCF - The United Negro College Fund
- Gruss Scholarship: Contact The Financial Aid Department
- UJA - Rose Biller Hebrew Free Loan Society
Students with Disabilities
(Scholarship link) - Due March 1, 2013
- Through the Looking Glass
(Families with disabilities) - Applications information available January 2013
Military and Veterans
- Military Service
- Miltary.com (Education)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
(Voice of Democracy - High School Students)
- Ladies Auxiliary VFW
(for members and their families)
- United States Submarine Veterans, Inc.
(USSVI family members)
Military - New York State Residents
- Military Service Recognition Scholarships
(Dependents of deceased or permanently disabled armed forces member)
- NYS Regents Awards for Children of Deceased and Disabled Veterans
(Children of deceased and disabled Veterans - specific times of national emergency)
- Veterans Tuition Award
The data accessible through these linked websites are for informational purposes only and are not represented to be error free. Any link to non-Fashion Institute of Technology information is provided as a courtesy and does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by the College of the linked websites or information contained therein.