Office of Educational Opportunity Programs
EOP participation at FIT is limited to New York State residents who meet the academic and financial requirements established by the college and the state. A studentís first semester of enrollment at the college must be on a full-time basis. Transfer students are eligible for EOP at FIT if they participated in EOP, HEOP, College Discovery or SEEK programs at their prior New York State college/university, or a similar program at an out-of-state college/university. A student may also be eligible for EOP even if his or her previous college did not have an opportunity program. Please contact the Office of Educational Opportunity Programs for further details and all questions.
EOP at FIT Offers Eligible Students:
- Individualized academic and personal advisement
- Supplemental financial assistance
- Expanded tutoring services
- Direct advocacy before the Committee on Academic Standards should a studentís academic performance come under review
- Participation in academic enrichment seminars and workshops, personal and career development retreats, and pre-freshman summer programs
- Monthly group informational meetings
- Two additional semesters of TAP, if eligible, to complete associate and/or baccalaureate degree coursework
- Guidance and support
- The opportunity to study at the Fashion Institute of Technology!