To design great packaging, think outside the box
What made you pick that product off the shelf? It was probably the packaging design—the color, form, graphics, and typography—that made the difference. Packaging design makes brands tangible to consumers, making an emotional connection and influencing the decision to engage. In this intensive program, you’ll master the link between marketing strategy and design. You’ll create innovative packaging for every kind of product from food and beverage to beauty and personal care to toys and home products. Guided by our faculty of professional designers, you’ll work individually and in teams to hone your skills and develop expertise.
Market-driven assignments are reinforced by in-depth study of branding strategies, trends, concept development, and environmental issues. You’ll learn how to combine marketing information with an understanding of people, culture, and the consumer mindset. Most important, you’ll graduate with the specialized experience and the portfolio you need to join this compelling global discipline.
- FIT offers the only Packaging Design BFA program in the U.S.
- Packaging design is a global field connected to a vast range of consumer-products industries, offering a variety of career opportunities.
- By the fall of their graduation year, 90 percent of graduates find full-time employment or full-time freelance work at leading design firms and consumer product companies, such as Pepsi, Colgate, Palmolive, Godiva, and many others.
- FIT alumni have worked on many of the major consumer product brands sold in the US.
In this program, you’ll:
- interview for an internship at a variety of leading design and consumer product firms, though FIT’s extensive alumni network and industry connections.
- connect to the industry through a faculty of active design professionals.
- travel to brand and packaging design conferences and participate in national design competitions.