FIT enjoys international recognition for the quality of its programs and the caliber of its graduates. At FIT, you're connected through a faculty of industry professionals and extensive networking opportunities. Most illustrators work as freelancers, but some graduates find full-time jobs.
You’ll put your visual interpretation skills to work at magazines, newspapers, design studios, fashion houses, advertising agencies, publishing companies, television, film, and animation studios, buying offices, and record companies.
FIT graduates have forged successful careers at:
- Advertising Agencies--Ogilvy & Mather, McCann Erikson, Young & Rubicam, NW Ayer, DDB, BBDO, J. Walter Thompson, Chiat/Day
- Corporations--Lancôme, Revlon, Elizabeth Arden, Clarins, Avon. L’Oréal, Hallmark, American Greetings, The Franklin Mint
- Department Stores--Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Lord & Taylor, JC Penney
- Magazines--Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar
- Entertainment Companies--Walt Disney, Warner Brothers, Dreamworks SKG, LucasArts Entertainment
- News Agencies--CNN, Gannet Corporation, The Washington Times