SS002, Safety and Security
The first responsibility of faculty and staff is to assure their own safety as well as the safety of students when evacuating from any area where the threat of fire or smoke may exist. The actual fighting of any fire on campus should be left to the New York City Fire Department. All building occupants are responsible for complying with fire safety rules.
Entities Affected by this Policy
- The entire FIT community (administrators, faculty, staff and students)
- Responsible Administrator(s): Assistant Vice President for Administration, Director of Security, and Assistant Vice President/Dean of Students
- Responsible Office(s): Security and Residential Life
- Dates: Revised August 2008, Last Reviewed November 2013
- Contact: Assistant Vice President for Administration, Director of Security, and Director of Residential Life
View Official Policy*
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.