FI003, Finance and Fiscal Management
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) is committed to creating an environment where fraudulent financial activities are not tolerated. Managers and supervisors are responsible for educating employees about proper conduct, creating an environment that deters financial fraud, and maintaining internal controls that provide reasonable assurance of achieving management objectives, and detecting possible fraudulent activity. Furthermore, managers and supervisors must be cognizant of the risks and exposures inherent in their area of responsibility and be aware of symptoms of fraudulent financial activities, should they occur. This policy establishes a formal protocol for reporting any known or suspected fraudulent financial activities.
Entities Affected by this Policy
• All FIT trustees and full and part-time employees, including faculty, administrators, staff and student employees
• Responsible Administrator(s): General Counsel, Vice President for Finance and Administration, Vice President for Human Resource Management and Labor Relations, and Internal Auditor
• Responsible Office(s): Finance and Fiscal Management
• Dates: Issued November 2013
• Contact: General Counsel, Vice President for Finance and Administration, Vice President for Human Resource Management and Labor Relations, and Internal Auditor
View Official Policy*
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.