New York is like no other city and FIT is like no other college. FIT and NYC set the pace in the fields of design, fashion, advertising, communications, and international commerce. The city is our campus, our playground, and our muse. Our connections are meaningful for students, industry, and the FIT community. For example:
- You will get unparalleled experience through internships at places like ABC, Calvin Klein, Coach, Cuisinart, Esteé Lauder, Gucci, Mattel, Saatchi & Saatchi, The Museum of Modern Art, Tiffany & Co., and Vogue.
- Whether itís a showroom visit to see home textiles, a restaurant tour to study interior design, or even a sketching session under the Brooklyn Bridge, you will gain exposure to the industry and to NYC by participating in class field trips. Other sites for trips include museums, galleries, department stores, buying offices, and more.
- Industry leaders serve as expert mentors, providing you with real-world guidance. Past mentors include Anna Sui, Arnold Scaasi, Nicole Miller, and Angel Sanchez.
- FITís dedicated faculty members are influential working professionals as well as teachersóthey serve the industry as designers, executives, consultants, freelancers, artists, business owners.
- FIT hosts an array of luminaries, from NYC and all over the world, who come to inform and inspire the college community. Recent visitors include Giorgio Armani, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Martha Stewart, Betsey Johnson, James Galanos, Nina Garcia, and Alek Wek.
- Clubs will give you the opportunity to explore all NYC has to offer through activities like public art and service projects, and volunteer opportunities.†