Block Selection Checklist for Art & Design Majors
BEFORE YOU SELECT A BLOCK OF MAJOR COURSES
- View blocks available to your major
- Review the instructions to select a block online
- Check for holds in MyFIT and resolve with the appropriate department if needed
- Confirm your major and semester status as stated on the email sent to you
SELECT A BLOCK
Follow the instructions to select a block starting on the day and time stated on the email sent to you
* If you have a HOLD on your account, you will NOT have access to select a block until the hold has been removed. If holds are not resolved and you do not select a block before March 26, 2014 you will have to register for each course in the block individually during priority registration March 28 – April 4, 2014.
* If there is only one block available to your major/semester, you must select the block as acknowledgment that you agree to be registered for the next semester.
* You must select your block before March 26, 2014 at 5 PM. If you do not do so, a block will NOT be selected for you by the Registrar’s Office and you will have to register for each course in the block individually
during priority registration March 28 – April 4, 2014.
* You will not be registered for any course(s) in the block that are currently in progress or have already been successfully completed.
* You will be contacted at your FIT email address if there are any problems regarding your registration.
AFTER YOU SELECT A BLOCK
- View your schedule on MyFIT (available approximately 1 week after you select your block)
- Register for Liberal Arts and/or elective courses on your priority registration date between March 28 – April 4, 2014
Email assistance is available at FIT_registrar@fitnyc.edu In-person assistance is available at the Registration Center, Business and Liberal Arts Center, room B-103, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 9AM – 4:45PM and Thursday 9AM – 6:45PM.