In this section

Degree Works FAQs

What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a web-based audit for degree-seeking students to monitor academic progress toward degree completion. Degree Works allows you to plan future academic coursework.

What is an audit?
An audit is a review of past, current and planned coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to complete a degree/major/minor/concentration.Your audit
will display the courses you've taken or are registered for and will show you any degree, major, minor, or concentration requirements that are being met by the courses you've taken or that may be met upon satisfactory completion of courses in progress.

Can I access Degree Works on any computer?
Yes, access to Degree Works is through the web.  

Is my information confidential?
Yes. Like other processes you use through MyFIT, Degree Works is accessed through your secure login. Your advisor, faculty, and selected staff will be able to view the information contained in the audit.

Who has the ability to access Degree Works?
Currently, Degree Works is available to degree-seeking undergraduate students. Advisors, faculty, and selected staff will also have access for the purpose of supporting your progress through your academic career.

How current will my information be in Degree Works?
The information in Degree Works is refreshed each night. Any changes made today (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) will be seen in your Degree Works audit tomorrow.

Can I register for classes in Degree Works?
No. Degree Works is a snapshot of courses in-progress, planned, and in academic history. Registration will continue to be processed through the Student Services tab of MyFIT.

Can I see how many classes I have left to fulfill my requirements?
Yes. Degree Works is laid out in a format displaying degree and major. Students with minors and/or concentration requirements will also see those requirements displayed.  Look for unchecked boxes to identify requirements that you still need to complete.

Are my grades visible in Degree Works?
Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester, they are viewable in Degree Works following the nightly refresh. Final grades are not available in DegreeWorks until after the final grading period for the college has ended. Courses in-progress are shown as "IP".

Can I see a list of all of the classes I’ve taken?
Yes. On the audit tab, click on the Academic History link at the top of the page.

What do I do if I believe my academic information is incorrect?
You should consult your academic advisor for a review of your audit. Any exception to major, minor, or concentration requirements should be discussed with your major/minor advisor or academic department personnel.

Why isn’t my information up-to-date?
There could be several reasons. One is that Degree Works may not have refreshed since a change was made (the information is refreshed nightly). Second, there could be some paperwork that needs to be completed. For example, if you have completed transfer courses, it is possible that the college has not received an official transcript or the coursework is pending departmental review. Check with Registrar's Office if your transcript or audit does not reflect transfer work you have completed.

If I think my audit is incorrect, whom do I contact?
Your academic advisor is your primary point of contact. If it is determined that your audit is incorrect, the advisor will contact the Registrar's Office for assistance.

Where can I find my major GPA?
Your major GPA is a calculated GPA based on coursework used to fulfill major requirements. This GPA will appear within the major requirements section of your audit.

How do I know what classes I need to take?
Your audit will outline for you courses still needed to meet degree, major, minor, and/or concentration requirements within each specific block. You may then use this information to discuss your plan with your academic advisor.

Why isn’t my transfer work meeting a requirement?
There could be several reasons, such as t
he course did not meet either the minimum number of credits and/or minimum grade requirement for use in your program of study. Or, it does not fill any requirement, or this course is simply not needed.  See more information on transfer credits.

If I withdraw from a class, will that be reflected in my audit?
Courses from which you have withdrawn will appear in the Insufficient Courses section towards the end of the audit.

My advisor told me that a course I took would be substituted for a requirement. Why doesn’t this information appear in my audit?
You should contact your advisor to resolve any substitution issue. Any waivers, substitutions, or exceptions for major, minor or concentration requirements must be communicated to the Registrar's Office by the appropriate department chair.

Adult Learners & Career ProfessionalsEmployers & IndustryAlumni: The Power of ConnectionFaculty & StaffCurrent StudentsParentsRecently Accepted Students Give to FITFIT & NYCNews & EventsStudent Life at FITAdmissionsAcademicsAbout FIT See More of FITMy FITContact UsTake a CourseApplyVisit FIT MyFIT Home