Online applications available
March 1, 2015 at 4:00 pm EST
• All current/returning FIT students must apply for housing each academic year.
• Priority is given to earliest housing applicants.
• All other applications will be placed on a wait list and awarded housing based on availability. Learn more about the wait list.
- Log in to MyFIT
- Click on the Student tab --> scroll down to Housing/Residential Life --> choose Fall/Spring Application --> choose Apply Online --> select Current/Returning FIT FALL application. (An instructional video is coming soon.)
- A non-refundable $300 credit card deposit is required at the time of application.
- FAQ about the housing application can be found here.
You will be notified via email whether you are confirmed for on-campus housing or if you are on the wait list.
| Applicants with Confirmed Housing
You will enter a room/roommate selection process.
The room/roommate selection process auto assigns the earliest applicants a date and time to choose their room type and roommates.
Read More About the Confirmed Housing Process
|Wait Listed Applicants
You will be contacted as space becomes available.
You can check updates to your wait list position by visiting the Housing/Residential Life section in MyFIT and clicking on MyHousing.
Your wait list position is determined by the date your application was received.
Read More About the Housing Wait List
Keep in mind, if you are seeking off campus living accommodations, the neighborhoods surrounding FIT (including the boroughs) are considered some of fastest growing, trendiest areas in New York City. Many of our students live in off-campus residences and continue to enjoy a well-rounded college experience.