How to schedule an appointment:
- In order to set up an appointment with an advisor, log into your MyFIT account. Under the Student Tab in MyFIT, click on 'Make an appointment with your Academic Advisor' in the Online Resources Box. That link will take you to the main page of the system, where you can schedule an appointment, check-in for an existing appointment, and learn more about our advisors.
- If you would prefer a virtual/online or telephone advisement session please select your preference within the Appointment Type drop down menu.
- Appointments are made on Eastern Standard Time so please account for the time difference when scheduling an appointment.
- The default appointment time is 30 minutes per session. We suggest scheduling 30 minutes especially if this is your first meeting with an advisor or if you have scheduled an virtual/online or telephone session.
Please follow the additional instructions below for online or telephone advisement.
Virtual/Online advisement via Gmail:
- Select Virtual Appointment in the 'Appointment Type' drop down menu on the 'Make an Appointment' page.
- Your advisor will email your FIT email account any documents needed to help you follow along during your advisement session.
- Log into www.gmail.com at your designated appointment time using your FIT email address and password.
For additional instructions on how to sign into your FIT email account via Gmail, visit bit.ly/fitemail.
- After logging into your Gmail account, please look for your advisorís chat request and accept it to begin your session.
All students interested in an online video chat session: Will be required to download the voice and video call plug-in: https://www.google.com/tools/dlpage/hangoutplugin, quit all open browser windows, and install the plug-in.
- Select Telephone appointment in the 'Appointment Type' drop down menu on the 'Make an Appointment' page.
- Include your telephone number in the 'Reason for your visit' section (for students with a US number only).
- Your advisor will email your FIT email account any documents needed to help you follow along during your advisement session. For additional instructions on how to sign into your FIT email account via Gmail, visit bit.ly/fitemail.
- If you did not include your telephone number or if you have a telephone number outside of the US, you must call your advisor at your confirmed appointment time with the telephone number the advisor provided in the e-mail.
If you have questions about making an appointment, the following link will explain how to use our appointment system, or you can call us at 212 217.3080.