WHO ARE WE?
The Diversity Council was established by the Office of the President to enhance and promote inclusiveness and equity throughout the FIT campus.The Council is comprised of members representing administration, faculty, staff and alumni.
We are looking for student members to serve on the Diversity Council in a select number of positions, all of which are an opportunity to discuss diversity issues and make decisions related to student life at FIT. Meetings are held at 12:00-1:30 p.m. the second Tuesday or Thursday of each month. A description of the selection criteria and application are described below.
WHAT DOES A STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE DO?
A student representative supports the FIT Diversity Council by:
- attending Council meetings;
- participating on working groups of the Council;
- representing peers and the student voice on the Council;
- serving as liaison to student organizations;
- assisting in Council activities and/or events, if needed;
- participate on the FIT Student Association Diversity Club.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Starting in September 2015
- You must be available for Diversity Council Meetings on the second Tuesday or Thursday of each month from 12—1:30 pm.
- You will be automatic members of the FIT Student Association Diversity Club—meeting dates and times to be determined.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered, please complete the online application by Thursday, April 9, 2015 via email or hard copy to A605.
Please include in your expression of interest letter:
- how you currently work to further diversity and inclusion;
- an example of why you are interested in being a student representative to the Diversity Council;
- a description of your potential to following up on Council tasks and subcommittees;
- ideas you may have for the Council’s future of for new campus initiatives in diversity.
Your expression of interest can be visual, written, video, audio or a combination of these media.
DEADLINE: April 9, 2015
All submissions will be kept by the Diversity Council, unless discussed and agreed upon, and may be reprinted/photographed and used in promotional material for the Council.