WHO ARE WE?
The Diversity Council was established by the Office of the President to enhance and promote inclusiveness and equity throughout the FIT campus.The Council is comprised of members representing administration, faculty, staff and alumni.
We are looking for student members to serve on the Diversity Council in a select number of positions, all of which are an opportunity to discuss diversity issues and make decisions related to student life at FIT. Meetings are held at 12:00-1:30 p.m. the second Tuesday or Thursday of each month. A description of the selection criteria and application are described below.
WHAT DOES A STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE DO?
A student representative supports the FIT Diversity Council by:
- Attending Council meetings
- Participating on working groups of the Council
- Representing peers and the student voice on the Council
- Serving as liaison to student organizations and
- Assisting in Council activities and/or events, if needed.
WHAT WILL WE NEED FROM YOU?
- You must be a student for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Submit an application with your Expression of Interest by 5pm on March 21, 2014 by completing the information below.
HOW TO APPLY
In submitting your application you are affirming that you can meet all the responsibilities of a Student Representative. Please fill out the information below and submit it with your Expression of Interest in the Diversity Council. The Expression of Interest gives you a chance to present yourself, your background and your ideas to the Diversity Council.
The Expression of Interest should be:
- A personal expression of your interest in the Diversity Council.
- A creative, thoughtful, and a meaningful example of why you are interested in being a Student Representative to the Diversity Council.
- Show us your creativity!
Your expression can be visual, written, video, audio, or a combination of these media.
All submissions will be kept by the Diversity Council, unless discussed and agreed upon, and may be reprinted/photographed and used in promotional material for the Council.
If you do not wish to submit your application electronically you can print the application in PDF format by clicking below and turn in your application to the Office of Planning, Assessment, and Compliance (Dubinsky Student Center, room A605) by 5pm on March 21, 2014.