EM003, Enrollment Management and Student Success
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) encourages the development of independence, maturity, and ethical sensitivity of students. To achieve its purpose, the Fashion Institute of Technology expects students to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with their respective positions within the academic community and comply with the directions of faculty and staff members who are acting in the performance of their duties. In particular, students are expected to refrain from conduct that threatens or endangers the health, safety and welfare of their community. All who become members of the FIT community have an obligation to support and obey college regulations, and all local, state, and federal laws. Those who cannot or do not comply will be subject to disciplinary action both from the college as well as local, state, and federal authorities, as subsequently set forth, and the privilege of continued attendance at FIT may be withdrawn.
Entities Affected by this Policy
The Code of Student Conduct applies to all Fashion Institute of Technology students. A person is considered a “student” when:
- He/she is registered for, or auditing, credit or non-credit FIT courses, on either a full- or part-time basis;
- He/she is not officially enrolled for a particular semester but who has a continuing relationship with the college shall also be responsible for abiding by the Code of Student Conduct;.
- He/she enrolls in such courses or programs on a physical campus or site or via distance learning, the internet, or any other means of course-delivery technology;
- He/she has withdrawn after allegedly violating the code but is considered a student for the purposes of this process.
- Responsible Executives: Vice President for Enrollment and Student Success, Dean of Students
- Responsible Offices: Enrollment Management and Student Success
- Dates: Revised June 2012
- Contact: Office of Enrollment Management and Student Success
View Official Policy*
College Policy EM003, Code of Student Conduct
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.