School of Art and Design and School of Graduate Studies
- 9 am - graduates are required to arrive
- 9:30 am - persons participating in the procession are scheduled to arrive
- 9:30 am - doors open for guests
- 10:30 am - ceremony begins
Jay and Patty Baker School of Business and Technology and School of Liberal Arts
- 1:30 pm - graduates are required to arrive
- 2 pm - persons participating in the procession are scheduled to arrive
- 2 pm - doors open for guests
- 3 pm - ceremony begins
Academic regalia – the traditional cap, gown, and tassel – is required attire for all faculty participating in commencement exercises. Faculty can rent their regalia through Barnes & Noble at FIT at the following rates:
|Bachelor’s gown, hood, cap, and tassel||$79.00|
|Master’s gown, hood, cap, and tassel||$86.00|
|Doctoral gown, hood, cap, and tassel||$96.00|
* Rental prices include a $20 refundable deposit.
Deadlines for Ordering Academic Regalia
Faculty must order their academic attire by the dates listed below to ensure on-time delivery.
April 6 - 17, 2015
FIT Barnes & Noble Bookstore
Visit in person or call 212 217.5690
Faculty may pick up their attire between May 11 - 15, 2015 at Barnes & Noble at FIT.
Platform Party Reservations
If you plan on attending one or both commencement ceremonies, you must reserve your place and have your name added to the VIP entrance list. On commencement day, use the VIP entrance to enter the venue. No tickets will be required.
To reserve your seat, please visit the 2015 Commencement RSVP web page at fitnyc.edu/commencementRSVP.