The FIT Global Scholar Award Program provides funds toward the costs of studying abroad for a semester or a year abroad during the academic year 2015-16.
The award can be used for any FIT Study Abroad program for which the student receives at least 12 academic credits towards their degree. See: FIT Study Abroad, SUNY International Programs or College Consortium for International Studies.
- Two (2) awards up to $5,000 for US students who are residents of New York City and graduates of New York City high schools.
- Five (5) awards of up to $3,000 will be made to all other eligible US students
Students applying for this award must:
- be enrolled full time in an FIT degree program
- file or have filed an online Financial Aid application (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov)
- apply for a study abroad program: studyabroad.fitnyc.edu
- indicate on the application that you are applying for the FIT Global Scholar Award
The Motivational statement you provide on your application will be a significant factor in the review of your application for this award. Please be sure to include:
- the relevance of your study abroad program to your academic program, career goals, and/or community service activities
- your ability and commitment to become an effective ambassador abroad and to integrate with the host institution and its community
- your commitment to become an effective ambassador within the FIT community to promote cultural diversity and inter-cultural understanding and how you will demonstrate this with OIP and within your department on your return to FIT
For help with the application contact the Director of the Writing Studio: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Students may apply for a Global Scholar Award even if they have not yet been accepted into their chosen Study Abroad program. However, the awards shall be released with proof that the student has been accepted to an authorized Study Abroad program and confirmation that the student is actually able to participate in the program. In the event that an awardee shall withdraw from the Study Abroad Program for any reason the award will be rescinded.
DEADLINE: TBA for all 2015-2016 semester or academic year abroad programs
Students in the Presidential Scholars Program are eligible to apply for the following study abroad scholarships during their sophomore or junior year.
- Jerome L. Greene Foundation International Studies Fund (up to $10,000)
- Jodi Tilton Memorial Scholarship for Summer Study Abroad ($2000)
- Henry Wolf Presidential Scholars Summer Abroad Scholarship (up to $5000)
- Michael Kors Endowed Scholarship at FIT (Fashion Design majors, BFA)
- Rothman Scholarship
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship Program
- AASAP/UK Lord Acton Memorial Scholarship (UK Abroad only)
- Boren Awards for International Study
- Institute of International Education - Study Abroad Funding
- External Scholarships
- Scholarships Portal EU (Europe Abroad Scholarship Search)
- Fund for Education Abroad
Financial Aid Rewards from FIT could be any combination of the following: