In keeping with the mission of the School of Graduate Studies, the Art Market: Principles and Practice Master of Arts program:
- provides students with the knowledge and experience necessary for careers in the many for-profit and not-for profit sectors of the art market;
- develops studentsí intellectual, critical and technological abilities through courses that integrate theory and practice;
- exposes students to their chosen profession through internships, guest lectures, and other opportunities for experiential learning;
- fosters leadership and innovative thinking through scholarship, research, and professional development;
- provides students with a multifaceted educational experience that incorporates the vast resources of New York City;
- provides an education of exceptional quality and affordability as an urban graduate school of the State University of New York.