1. Can I live in the residence halls over the Winter Break?
Yes. Winter Housing is available beginning January 3, 2016 at 12 Noon to Spring check-in.
2. What are the requirements for students living on-campus for the winter?
To qualify for winter housing you must:
• be a resident in the halls for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
• pay for the entire Winter housing program at time of application
3. What is the rate for Winter Housing?
Rates are based on your Spring assignment - Traditional, Apartment, or Single style rooms:
• Traditional Style Room: $645.00
• Apartment Style Room: $748.00
• Apartment Style Single Room: $1,225.00
4. Do I pay the Single rate if my roommate is not staying for Winter?
No. The winter “single” rate applies ONLY to residents who are assigned to a single for Fall/Spring. If a roommate is NOT staying for winter, the “shared” rate would apply.
5. How can I apply?
Online applications will be available by November. You must log into the secure area to access MyHousing@FIT – “ApplyOnLine”. The due date for applications is December 14, 2015.
6. How do I submit my payment?
You must pay by credit card on-line upon submission of the application.
7. Do I have to be enrolled in a Winter class?
No. The only requirement is that you are a Fall and Spring resident and pay for the cost of Winter Housing.
8. Do the residence halls close at the end of Fall semester?
Yes. The halls are closed from December 22, 2015 to January 3, 2016. There will be no access to the halls at this time.
9. Do I have to move my belongings out of my room at the end of the Fall semester?
No. If you are living in the residence halls for the Spring semester, you may leave your belongings. However, you will not have access to these items and the college will not be responsible for missing or damaged items.
10. Do I get a temporary room assignment for Winter?
No. All winter residents will stay in their Fall/Spring assignment.
11. If I live in the residence halls during Winter, what is the process for checking in for Spring?
You will receive an email from the Residential Life Department regarding spring check-in.
12. Is there a fee for overnight guests, and am I allowed extended overnight visitors?
Yes. Residents are charged $10.00 for each overnight guest. There is NO EXTENDED VISITATION during the recess periods. All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply. See resident handbook. All overnights must be pre-registered.
13. Is the cafeteria open during the Winter sessions?
No. Check out the FIT neighborhood for places to eat and purchase groceries.
14. What happens if I am found in violation of occupying more than my assigned space?
Those who occupy more than their assigned space will be charged for a single for winter recess and spring semester.
15. Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
FIT is a dry campus. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited. This includes alcohol or drug paraphernalia. See resident handbook.