BFA Eligibility Requirements
If you have a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED), you can apply to any of FITís associate degree programs. Upon completion of an associateís degree, you can go on to earn a bachelorís degree at FIT. This unique process allows you to build a solid foundation comprised of general skills within your first two years, and then specialize or delve deeper in your chosen field within your second two years. If you have a sufficient number of credits, or a degree from another college, you may be eligible for entry into a bachelor's degree program, or an accelerated one-year associateís degree program; see below. If you are a high school student:
- High school students should apply to an associate's degree program (AAS). You may not apply directly to a bachelor's degree program (BS or BFA).
- You may apply to an appropriate bachelor's degree program.
- You hold a bachelorís degree or 30 transferable credits from a regionally accredited college that satisfy FITís AAS liberal arts requirements and, for Art and Design applicants, you must present a strong portfolio.
- You must possess an associateís or bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college in a program that is equivalent to FIT's associate's degree program in that area.
- You will have earned at least 60 credits toward a bachelor's degree in an equivalent program at a regionally accredited college.